This is one of my all time favorites. The recipe feeds a hungry family of five inadequately . . . cook two at the same time and you’ll be full and happy. Leftovers are the best!
- Put Corned Beef Brisket in crockpot.
- Add water to almost cover brisket.
- Cook on high for about five hours.
- Remove from Crock Pot and put into baking pan.
- Cover brisket with a mixture of:3 tablespoons of honey mustard.1 cup red wine1/4 cup brown sugar (amount of brown sugar depends on size of brisket)
(The mixture gives the brisket a crispy crust.)
- Mix and pour over beef in pan.
- Put in oven at 375 degrees for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.
(Optional – I cook the carrots and cabbage/potatoes separately.
Some people like to throw it all in together. It’s your call.)